The Worship Program
Seventh-day Adventists choose to worship God because we believe He is our Creator who deserves praise and honour.
ALBION Seventh-day Adventist Church
To be a vibrant, active Christ-like church, prepared for Jesus' soon return.
To reflect Jesus' love in our community by building relationships, helping where we can, sharing His word, praying together and proclaiming His last day message.
We worship together as a congregation every Sabbath ( Saturday ) morning. Feel free to join any of our up and coming events.
This week at church:
Adult Sabbath School Bible and Lesson Study ( small groups -Refer groups below )
9:30am - 10:30am
Join us as we use Sabbath School Lesson pamphlets to study the Bible together in small groups and share the experiences of the week with each other.
Children's Sabbath School
9:30am - 10:30am
Your kids will be kept busy with songs, crafts, quizzes, games and Bible stories. We have classes for all age groups.
Main Church Service
10:45am - 12:00 noon
Come and praise our Creator this week through song, prayer and an uplifting message for Albion Pastor and visiting Pastors and Lay Preachers.
Sabbath Day Program times
09:15 am Song Service 09:30 am Sabbath School Program Begin(15min) 09:45 am Lesson Study Begins (45 mins)
10:25 am - First bell
10:28 am - Second bell
10:30 am Lesson Study Ends 10:35 am Sabbath School Ends Break - 10 mins 10:45 am Song Service including announcements
(Preacher and Elder enter)
10:55 am Welcome
(No Invocation Hymn)
- Main Prayer including Prayer Scroll
- Children’s story / Scripture reading
- Service Offering
- 1st Hymn ( or Special Item)
11:20 am Preacher's Sermon Begins (40 mins) 12:00 pm Preacher's Sermon Ends with
12:05 pm Benediction
(No Benediction Hymn)
- Sabbath School Bible and Lesson Study Groups
Disciples Under Construction: 9:30am to 12:00 noon
Lesson Study Groups are age specific and offer a range of styles to meet the learning needs of Sabbath School members. All groups encourage member participation. Lessons are studied from the relevant weekly Sabbath Scholl Lesson pamphlet.
Class T - Traditional teacher directed Adult lesson - Upstairs Body of the Church
Class D - Discussion based Adult lesson - front Foyer
Class A - Young Adults under 35 years. Upstairs Back Room Room - Interactive study focusing on applying the lesson's theme in everyday life.
Class K - Karen Language group - Downstairs Hall Entry - In-depth discussion based on the scriptural impact of the lesson on each individual during the week..
Class Y - Youth Lesson - Downstairs Hall, back wall.
Class C - Kindy and Lower Primary Lesson - Downstairs Childrens Sabbath School Room.
Visitors and your children are welcome and encouraged to visit any group they chose and to visit each group to experience the different ways of studying the Bible and applying it to our daily lives.
At Albion Adventist Church we focus on;
Studying the Bible
- to help us understand and apply the principles of scripture in our daily lives.
- with each other, following the example of Jesus and His disciples.
- to prepare us for service and to inspire us to witness.
- to keep us informed and connected to our world Church.
Contact Albion Church Pastor Mike Brownhill on Mobile: 0414 938 597
or e-Mail Pastor Mike at Albion
Exodus 20:11 says " in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
Find out more about the Saturday Sabbath http://www.sabbathtruth.com/
We believe that Saturday is a special day set aside for humanity, since the beginning of the world, to spend time worshipping and honouring God. We can worship God in many different ways. It can be through Bible study, prayer and singing praises to Him. We can do this at a personal level or meet together with fellow believers.
We invite you to join us on Saturday morning to praise God and to learn more about Him. You are welcome to sit anywhere during the worship program - there are no set seats - and we don't have a 'dress code' either. If you're comfortable, we're happy!
We have two worship programs each Saturday. A small group Bible study which we call Sabbath School and the Main Service where everyone meets together. In both our services we sing, pray to God and collect an offering. However, we emphasise that there is no obligation for you to give an offering if you don't want to. The program is our gift to God and to you - we don't expect anything in return.
Main Church Service
The church service starts at 10:45am on Saturday. It is a time where we can unite together, gather strength from the Word of God and learn more about God.
Following is an example of a typical weekly church service -
- Song Service - singing of contemporary Christian songs or hymns and praises to God.
- Offering - for local running costs or mission projects.
- Children's Story - a short story is told to teach the Children about an aspect of the Bible.
- Special Item - This can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible.
- Scripture Reading - a passage of the Bible is read that is relevant to the sermon
- The message - The local pastor or a guest speaker will share a message with the congregation on God's Word
- Benediction - the preacher closes the service with prayer.
- Lunch - some weeks our church has a free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!) so you can meet new people or catch up with friends.
Small Group Bible Study
Sabbath School starts at 9:30am. It's a time where we can discuss the teachings of the Bible and socialise with each other.
Sabbath school classes are divided into the following groups:
- Adults (ages 26+)
- Youth (ages 16 - 25)
- Teens (ages 10-15)
- Primary (ages 6-9)
- Kindergarten (ages 3-5)
- Beginners (for mothers with infants 0-2 yrs)
Outlined below is a typical Sabbath school program for the adults -
- Song service
- Special Item - this can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible
- Mission Story - Every three months, the Seventh-day Adventist church focuses on a certain region of the world and on how church members can help people in that region. The needs and stories of these people are told.
- Offering - Adventists collect an offering in Sabbath school to support the mission project.
- Lesson Study - At this point everyone breaks into small groups to study the Bible. You can choose which group you want to attend. The duration of the lesson study is about 30-40 minutes. During this time, Adventists study the Bible using the Sabbath school lesson as a guide. The Sabbath school lesson is a Bible-study guide produced every three months by the worldwide church's Sabbath School Department. People are encouraged to study the lesson throughout the week and, during Sabbath school, discuss what it is teaching and have the opportunity to share how it has made an impact on them.
SHARED LUNCH / ADVENTIST YOUTH PROGRAM
Every fortnight we have a Shared Lunch at Albion followed by an Adventist Youth program where we sing, play games, all in the name of the Lord. We invite all visitors to come and share this time with us.
Please join us for our next shared lunch and AY's Sabbath afternoon program on 9th June 2012;
Want to enjoy great company and food?
We all bring food to place on the table to share with each other.
After Sabbath School finishes at approx 12:30pm, we will be staying at the Church for a Shared Lunch commencing at approx 1:30pm.
Vistors please join us and stay to enjoying our AY's afternoon program, when scheduled, commencing at approx 2:15pm until 3:30pm.
Weekly Prayer Meetings
Every Tuesday week night at 7:00pm we gather together at Church to pray for those who need prayer.
We often study a passage of Scripture which enlightens us with how GOD and Jesus and the great examples of the Bible have interceeded in prayer for those in need.
Commenced 8th October 2010 - Celebrate Recovery Program
and Every Friday Night thereafter
Bray Park Community Church
10 Young's Crossing Road
Phone: 3146 4478 Mobile: 0410 579 328
6pm - Soup and Buns
7pm - Teaching and Sharing
9pm - Solid Rock Cafe
1611 - 2011 - 400th Anniversary of the King James Version Bible
Wednesday 4th to Sunday 8th July 2012 - Witness - Young Adults Training Conference
is an upcoming training program on how to be a witness for Christ to be held over four days from 4-8 July for young adults in Brisbane.
For more info visit www.witnessconference.org Registrations opened from 18 February are limited to 400
Now open to all ages Listen to Witness 2012 organisers talk about the coming event